The RACGP Expert Committee – Post-Fellowship Education (REC–PostFE) has in the last year provided guidance to the RACGP around a number of key initiatives. These have included:
- review and development of PLAN for both the current and 2020–22 trienniums
- the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) Professional Performance Framework
- capping of exam attempts as part of RACGP Fellowship policy changes
- current and future response for remediation of doctors with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) restrictions
- participation in an RACGP assessment workshop, ‘Programmatic Assessment for Learning’, with Professor Cees van der Vleuten and Professor Lambert Schuwirth.
I would like to thank all members of the REC–PostFE for their contribution over the last three years. Retiring members include Dr Simon Benson, Dr Judith Culliver, Dr Robin Park, Dr Nick Theoharidis and Dr Sara Whitburn. Continuing members include Dr James Best, Dr Bruce Mugford, Dr Alison Soerensen and Ms Sharon Flynn. As the Council re-elected Chair of the REC–PostFE, I look forward to working with both new and continuing committee members in the 2018–21 term.